GSA 8(a) STARS II Prime
Unissant, Inc. was awarded a contract under the General Services Administration’s 8(a) Streamlined Technology Acquisition Resources for Services II (8(a) STARS II) program. The 8(a) STARS II GWAC is a small business set-aside, multiple award indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract for technology solutions.
The 8(a) STARS II design consists of two constellations (tiers) based on industry accreditations. Each of the 8(a) STARS II constellations includes four functional areas designated by the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS). These NAICS functional areas are: 541511 — Custom Computer Programming Services, 541512 — Computer Systems Design Services, 541513 — Computer Facilities Management Services, and 541519 — Other Computer Related Services. Unissant was awarded under Functional Areas 1, 2, and 3 in Constellation 1.
The 8(a) STARS II GWAC is designed to promote small business utilization when purchasing information technology (IT) services or IT services-based solutions for the federal government. The 8(a) STARS II program is reserved exclusively for qualifying certified 8(a) small business concerns as the prime contractors per Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 19.8.
Unissant Contract Information at a Glance
Contract Number: GS-06F-0971Z
Contract Types: Fixed Price / Labor Hour / Time and Materials
Period of Performance: 2016-2021 (Option Period)
Unissant DUNS: 623884660
Payment Terms: Net 30 Days
Task Order Manager: Jango Unwalla, Phone: (703) 889-8500 Email: junwalla@unissant
Email Inquiries: stars2@unissant
STARS II Features Include:
- Multiple award, indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract vehicle
- Five-year base with one five-year option
- $10 billion program ceiling
- Directed Order Authority: Directed task orders up to $4 million each are allowed for federal civilian and Department of Defense activities
STARS II Benefits Include:
- 8(a) socioeconomic credit transferrable to the agency
- Pre-competed, easy to use contracts
- Access to proven 8(a) small business technology providers
- Shortened procurement lead time
- Low user access fee (0.75 percent) built into contractor’s ceiling prices
Unissant, Inc. Constellation I Functional Areas:
- 541511 – Custom Computer Programming Services
- 541512 – Computer Systems Design Services
- 541513 – Computer Facilities Management Services
8(a) STARS II Government Contact
Tel: (877) 327-8732
8(a) STARS II Delegation of Procurement Authority Request:
Contracting Officers (COs) who wish to award and administer orders against the GSA GWACs must receive training and be granted a Delegation of Procurement Authority (DPA).